- 2911 James "Cool Papa" Bell Avenue (Sheridan Place LLC, January 2007, $65,000)
It's a tiny little cottage... amid a long row of larger buildings.
The neighbors shown here are all JVL Renaissance properties, all in excellent repair, just as I've come to expect from that company. Contrast that with the battered little Blairmont cottage, at far left, and you get an idea of what it means to be a good and a bad neighbor.
The cottage was occupied as recently as 2000, when the city issued a permit to erect a chain link fence. Blairmont also owns a vacant lot next door.
Further west on the same block, we've got...
- Left to right:
- 2947 James "Cool Papa" Bell Avenue (N & G Ventures LLC, August 2004)
- 2945 James "Cool Papa" Bell Avenue (LRA)
- 2943 James "Cool Papa" Bell Avenue (VHS Partners LLC, August 2005, $30,000)
- 2939 James "Cool Papa" Bell Avenue (VHS Partners LLC, August 2005, $30,000)
Four addresses, three of which are behind one facade. Blairmont's got three of the four.
Mansard roof and crumbling brickwork on 2947.
Left to right: 2945, 2943, 2939.
The vacant land to the west is half LRA, half Blairmont.
- 2911 James Cool at the city's Geo St Louis database
- 2947 James Cool at the city's Geo St. Louis database, with images from 2006.
- Aerial view from Maps.Live.com
- More on Blairmont:
Built St. Louis || Ecology of Absence || What Can I Do?